- It's not all about you and/or your business.
- If you wouldn't say what you're about to tweet to someone's face, best to leave it untweeted.
- Someone's content is really interesting? Retweet it!
- You like a tweet and wish it was yours? Don't steal it, give attribution.
- 50 tweets in five minutes? Not necessarily a good idea.
- Auto-tweets all day, every day? Go away.
- You're a buzz kill? Hey that's fine, but keep it to yourself.
- If people retweet your content or say something nice to you, it doesn't hurt to say 'thanks.'
- Would you kiss your momma with that mouth? If your tweet is more than 75% expletives, maybe reconsider how you're phrasing what's on your mind.
- If your tweet has anything to do with your bathroom habits; don't share it.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Tweet, Retweet & Repeat?
New to Twitter? A seasoned tweeter? It doesn't matter. Before you get started or if you're already thousands of tweets old; learn the rules of engagement.